Blue Badge Discover Manchester Walk
Come and join in, it’s absolutely FREE! Here at Social Circle we make it our business to offer you the best of what Manchester has to offer. Our selection of walks enable tou to come along and explore this great city, and meet new people in Manchester along the way.
You think you know Manchester? Well, no one knows it like Ed Glinert who has spent more than 40 years unturning every last (Gothic) stone in the city, uncovering layer upon layer of other histories, lesser-known stories, the secret side of the city to create the ultimate “believe it or not”.
On this we hear about:
* The atomic bunker under Piccadilly Gardens.
* Racist GIs during the Second World War and the drama they caused.
* The planned demolition of the Town Hall.
* L. S. Lowry, the secret sadist.
* The planned assassination of Tony Blair.
* How the Moors Murderers were caught.
* The attack on the paintings at the Art Gallery.
* The pillar box that didn’t survive the 1996 IRA bomb events.
It’s the Manchester that nobody knows...apart from Glinert and you after you've been on this tour!
*Please check website for updated times and meeting points as they are subject to change*
"Manchester Guided Tours are the largest and friendliest group of official tour guides in the city! Let us show you Manchester's hidden gems and secret corners. Our knowledgable and professional guides will bring Manchester's fascinating past to life".